Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Kids are Funny!

Until I get some updates going here, I decided to post some of the latest Sophie antics:

We were at the bank getting some cash out for our monthly budget. After we do this, we all go get ice cream together. While at the bank, Sophie was super excited about this, and she kept trying to order ice cream from the back seat. She got louder with each request. When Justin asked for a withdrawl slip from checking, Sophie shouted, "Not chicken! Ice cream!"

Sophie was laying on the floor with Katie trying to teach her the ABCs. Sophie would show Katie an A block and insist she say it. Katie would give her a dumbfounded look and just put the block in her mouth. Sophie kept saying, "No eat it Katie, say it!" Katie thought that was so funny and would just laught. Sophie finally gave up on her pupil.

While eating out one day, a dancing show was playing on an overhead television. Sophie was watching, and then she said with a worried look on her face, "Oh no! He keep falling down!"

When it's time to read scriptures and get ready for bed, I always sing "Scripture Power" to get Sophie excited (I'm a nerd, I know). On Thursday nights when Justin works late, I often try to skip scripture time (terrible, I know). But Sophie never lets me get away with it; she always says, "But Mom, I need my scripture power." I know she's just stalling bedtime, but it's cute nonetheless.

Sophie and Katie are doing great! Sophie has recently learned to ride a bike and would ride it all day if we would let her. Sophie loves Little Mermaid (I wonder where she got that from), and she makes me sing her the songs all day. She now knows the words to all the songs--or at least her interpretation of the words. She also is enjoying going to joy school with her cousin Tucker. She still loves animals, and she changes her name about every 10 minutes.

Katie has been rolling for about a month now, and she has recently started to scoot a bit. Between rolling and her half scoots, she can get quite far and has suprised me on many occasions. Katie is also trying to master sitting up and has almost succeeded. She loves to blow rasberries (Sophie always insists she sit in time out when she do it though because we make Sophie sit in time out for spitting), and she is still the happiest, most content little thing that ever was.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I love it! What a funny little thing Sophie is! You have the cutest little family ever.

*Aliese* said...

I love the Scripture Power story. Too cute.

Morgan said...

You're such a good mom. :D Love the Scripture Power story. And Sophie sounds adorable with your little Katie. Best wishes!

The Jones Family said...

Love the Sophieisms... She is a funny girl. I also love the Katie stories. I'm sorry we didn't get to visit with you an sunday, hopefully we will see you again before too long. Love ya!

Megs said...

Haha! Kids are so funny! Love the chicken story! Right before we went to Staheli farm with you guys we went to KFC and ordered some of their "snackers". Tucker kept yelling for us to give him the suckers that we ordered.