Last weekend Justin and I had the opportunity to go on another Allconnect trip! This one was to The Canyons Resort in Park City! We had a fabulous time! Justin went snowboarding for the first time (I didn't go because I was too afraid to break my leg 4 weeks before the marathon). We also got wonderful Swedish massages, and we went snowmobiling!
We survived our flight up on this little baby! I got a little nervous when landing because I thought the whole thing was going to fall apart, but we landed safely, and we were ready to start our adventure!


Here we are at dinner the first night. Everyone was doing engagement style poses, so we are staring dreamily into the distance. At least, I was; I'm not sure about Justin's expression...

Here we are with old Smokey himself, and yes, we were insane enough to get ice cream in this blizzardly cold.


By the end of the night I was so ready to head back to the warmth of the fire in our room. Check out how red my nose is. Yeah, I don't deal well with cold...

On Saturday, we headed out on our 2 hour snowmobiling tour. It was so awesome! There were several people who sustained injuries on this particular excursion (who would have thought that people from Atlanta and St George would be unfamiliar with snow and thus unfamiliar with dangerous snow events). One girl from Atlanta even drove off the 1000 foot cliff they specifically warned us about. Luckily, she was caught by a tree and is just fine. Others had minor injuries like a sprained elbow, bruised nose, scrapes, etc. Despite all my fears though, Justin and I came out just fine.
Here we are all geared up with our many, many layers. I felt much like the stay puffed marsh mellow man.


Our friends Tyler and Nicole standing by the beautiful overlook.

And us too...

I survived the experience!

Here we are at Justin's award ceremony. This year Justin earned double diamond status!

Here he is with one of his diamond awards! Good job Justin!

It was very difficult to leave Sophie for 4 days, but we had an absolute blast! Much thanks to my mom and Justin's mom for taking such good care of our little girl! :)
1 comments:
Oh, I love The Canyons! My uncle is a ski instructor there and we've had a time share there for awhile--Love it! Glad you were able to enjoy your weekend.
Post a Comment