Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Random Pictures

It's been a while since I updated, and the longer I wait, the more daunting the task. Finally though, here are some random pictures from the last couple weeks.
Here is Sophie all bundled up for our morning run. It was so cold the last couple weeks, but training must go on.
I often wonder how I always have so much to clean around the house, but this picture helps unravel the mystery. Every time I turn around Sophie is pulling things out of something...


She gets away with it though because she is just so dang cute!
Sophie loves to ride on her horse.
We've also got way into finger painting lately! I'm trying to spark Sophie's creativity, and she just loves having permission to make a huge mess.

I've been experimenting with time out lately, but Sophie just hangs out in the corner all the time now. She thinks it's great fun! I guess I'm going to have to work on another discipline tactic...

This is a blurry picture because Sophie hardly ever stops moving, but here she is playing at Justin's parent's house. She loves to have this monkey around her neck the whole time she is there.
I've been working on making baby blankets, but Sophie thinks all of them belong to her, so I usually can't get much done while she's awake.
Here she is spreading yarn all over the house!
We finally got a bountiful basket drop off in St George! Here is what we got in our last basket, and it was all only $15!
We had a James Bond murder mystery dinner party with Justin's family a little while ago. Here is our table all set up...
And here is the cool poster my cousin Megan painted...
And here we are all dressed up!
A few nights ago, we made some caramel corn after Sophie had gone to sleep. The next morning she found the bowl and decided she wanted a taste too...
Sophie loves to haul blankets around like this. Too bad she missed the mink stole fashion movement of the '50's... (Please ignore all our laundry in the background.)

And there is a quick update on our lives the past little while!

4 comments:

Megan Young said...

Those are some great pics! Looks like a lot of fun! I didn't know you were training...what for? I just decided this past week that I want to do the St. George Marathon this year so I'm training for that, but I'm also planning on doing the Utah Valley Half and the the Bryce Canyon Half Marathons. Would you be interested in joining me for any of those?

*Aliese* said...

I'm intrigued by this bountiful basket idea...Do share!

Anonymous said...

Wow... I still can't believe you're a mom. And I can't decide who your girl looks more like! She's beautiful either way. :)

The Jones Family said...

So fun! You know, you could include more pictures of you and Justin (this is my thinly vailed attempt to make you think I care about what you are up to, and not just interested in what Sophie does!) Seriously, you do know I love you, right?!