Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Happenings

Every day with little Sophie is such an adventure! She is into everything, of course, and she loves to do everything with her Mommy.
Here she is painting a picture for her friend Simon's birthday. I didn't get pictures of it when it was done, but it went from what you see in the background to being brown smudges all over the poster board. She had a great time!


And here she is with Simon. She just loves him to pieces. Every time we tell her she's going to see him, she gets so excited. She calls him "My Simo."
He and Kristy came over for his little birthday celebration!
Sophie loves to try and distract Justin from his homework. Because Justin would rather do almost anything besides his homework, she is often successful.
There goes Sophie! Justin and I won new ipods recently, so here is Sophie listening to my old ipod shuffle. Do you think I'll ever get her to listen to me again???
Justin surprised me with roses one day (he's so wonderful)! A few days later, I found Sophie perched on the table ripping them to shreds. What do I do with her!
This is something I see quite often in my little world. Sophie loves to read books, and not only that, she loves to read the same books over and over and over until Mommy wants to go crazy! I seriously spend about 2-3 hours reading her books every day. I would just tell her to scram, but she recently learned to say please without being reminded, and let's face it saying please with that cute little face is a death sentence.
This is Sophie's other love....the park! She loves to go there every day! This particular park is tucked away at the back of a neighborhood about a 1/2 mile away from our house. It's always deserted which means Sophie can climb up the slides without any interruption, and yes I did say up; I don't get the fascination. I do love the park; it prevents Sophie from making huge messes in the house, and we get some much needed sunshine (maybe my legs won't glow in the dark this summer). The only problem is Sophie loves to walk to the park, not in a stroller, but by herself. A 1/2 mile is a long way for a little kid and even longer for an adult when she wants to examine every rock, pine cone, and flower on the way there. It usually takes about 1/2 hour to walk there, 1/2 hour to walk back, and a total of 20 minutes getting drinks from the drinking fountain. I have just learned to find joy in the journey!
When we do get there, she loves to do this...





The binky in her mouth is really cool. If it drops, it snaps shut to prevent it from getting all dirty. Perfect park solution I must say.
Being a mom certainly has its challenges, but when I get to see this face all day, it makes it all worthwhile.

3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Oh gosh, I love her facial expressions in the painting photos. And I'm intrigued with this binkie...Not that I have children, but I feel as though those little gems will be a "MUST" when I do!

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

Super cute pics! Sophie is such a cutie!

Ashley said...

I am seriously cracking up about her tearing the roses to shreds! I don't know why, but it's so funny to me. It's just something you never think about until you have kids, I guess. She's a gorgeous little thing, I can't get over her blue eyes! She gets it from her momma!