A few weeks ago we went to Texas!!! It has taken me a few weeks to brave going through all these pictures, so this post is a little delayed. It is also very packed with pictures!
This is a picture of Sophie at the Vegas Airport, but our trip really began the day before. About midnight, Sophie woke up puking. She then proceeded to puke every 20 minutes through the whole night and into the next day. We took her to instacare, and they sent us on our merry little way. We were going to leave her, but then she appeared to be getting better.
Until the drive to Vegas... She puked on herself twice. Then, when we took off in the plane, she puked all over me! I know, lovely. Luckily I was armed with extra wipes, a garbage bag, and back up clothes.
Justin and I had to sit separate because we got onto the plane last minute despite being at the airport 2 hours early. They actually gave his seat away and had to find a place to put him. Meanwhile, I refused to get aboard until I was sure my husband was coming. Do you blame me? But alas, it all worked out, and we landed safely deep in the heart of Texas. (I love how cheesy I am sometimes).
We got to our hotel, after a slight detour, at about 1:00 am Texas time. The next morning we had to be on base at 7:00 am for Michael's graduation. It made for a very short night, and this was after no sleep the night before. Luckily we caught our third and fourth winds throughout the day.

Afterwards we visited the barracks. Boy, did I want to mess something up or sit on that perfectly made bed, but I felt too bad for my incredibly nervous brother-in-law.

Here is Justin taking a trip down memory lane. It was only 8 years ago that he walked these same halls... Don't tell him I posted how long it's been. He doesn't like people to know how old he really is... He he!

Michael with his TIs.

And then the wait in the hall for Michael to be released. He warned us not to move these chairs even one inch lest we have a mob of angry airmen after us.


Justin liked it a lot better knowing it wasn't him this time.

Later we took a boat ride on Riverwalk. It was absolutely wonderful. Sophie couldn't decide if she wanted to be happy or sad. (She still wasn't feeling very well. In fact she threw up again that morning. We found out when we got home that she in fact had a blocked colon. Poor thing!).



Not the best picture, but hey, here we are on the Riverwalk.


We hit up the mall after that, and of course, Justin found this ginormous candy store.

And here we are remembering the Alamo.

And then we found the real front of the Alamo...

The whole fam!

Sophie did not recognize Michael! He figured with a uniform and an adorable baby, he'd get all the chicks in town, but Sophie was unwilling to cooperate.

A vicious, very real looking, moving dinosaur. It actually looked straight at you... Creepy!


The next day, we decided to go to Six Flags. I was way excited to go until the night before I ate at Denny's and got food poisoning. I was puking the entire night. (In case you lost track, this is day 3 on no sleep.) I felt better the next day, but with the temperatures being around 100, and the humidity around 70%, my already dehydrated state became even more dire.
We stopped for Mexican food on the way to the park, and Sophie wanted to eat nothing but the salsa. Here she is dipping her binky! She seriously ate two bowlfuls of the stuff. We were glad to see she was feeling so much better!

The park

We basically wandered around because I didn't feel quite up to the roller coasters just yet.

Until we found this little splash pad. Okay, I know it's supposed to be for the little kids, but it was sooo hot! It felt great, and after this and a bunch of water, I was able to go on a few rides with Justin.

But first we took Sophie on some of the kiddie rides... Anna had surgery just before this trip, so she couldn't ride on the rides either. We all packed into this tiny car. It was quite the experience!

And we went back to the splash pad between every ride. Like I said, it was basically our only chance in that weather.

Sophie loved the kiddie rides!

She did very well for her first theme park visit. We'll have to do it again. On a side note, we rode that train you see in the background hoping for a cool, leisurely ride. Much to our dismay, the girl running the ride was incredibly annoying! If I had to hear, "can everyone give me a woot woot!" one more time, I thought I was going to snap...

And the splash pad again...

We went to a show to cool down, and Sophie got to meet all these characters afterward. She was quite fascinated.


Yeah, I know I look less than lovely in all these pictures. A night of sickness did not do much for me.

Sophie got quite tired. Everybody gave her stuff to hold.


And, the Ferris Wheel was a must...

All of us ready to go home.

Sophie loved Uncle Aaron's hat.


Sophie loved Micheal's friend Derrick.

The last day was spent on base, so we got to see all the cool planes.

Me in front of the stealth fighter.

The saluting brothers. It appears Justin has gotten a little rusty...

The fam again.

We have a picture of Justin in front of this plane when he was in the Airforce. I think I'll find it and post it just for fun. Stay tuned!


By the end of the trip, Michael was doing a lot of this...

And then it was time to leave...

On the flight home, Sophie seemed very concerned about safety instructions... And I was relieved not to be on a full flight this time, so Sophie could have her own seat.

It was a wonderful trip despite our difficulties. I guess stuff like that just makes a trip more memerable. We are so proud of Michael!
4 comments:
All I can say is...WOW!! Sounds like quite the eventful trip!! Glad you all survived the sicknesses and everything! Looks like you had a lot of fun though, and congrats to his brother that is a super cool accomplishment!!
Looks like you had fun! I love Texas!!
All in all I am so happy you took Sophie. After the first day I know she had so much fun :) I am very gratefull and happy that our whole family could go too! Michael has said over and over how thankful he is that we all came and that he has the Best family in the world! I would have to agree with him on that! Love you Justin Ashley and Sophie!
I LOVE TEXAS! I wish I could've gone with you! Looks like you had a blast!
Post a Comment