Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Our New House

Eventually I will catch up on the last few months, but for now, I have decided to move forward, so I have some blogging motivation. 

Justin and I have been searching for a new home for months.  We nearly bought one in December in Ivins, but we had some problems with our lender.  And now in hindsight, I am glad that things didn't work out with that house, and we were able to find this new one.  The Lord was so instrumental in us getting this home.  We loved it the moment we saw it, but it was already under contract.  While we were waiting to see if the deal would go through, we switched lenders and got an offer ready. 

The offer fell through just days after we had all our ducks in a row, and everything is going smoothly this time.

This home is only a mile from Justin's work and a mile away from our home now, which will soon serve as a rental. 

We are set to close on or before the 14th of March, so anyone in the St George area who will be around on moving day is more than welcome to come help us move.  We are going to need tons of help, and there will be pizza and my indebted gratitude for all volunteers. 

Without further adieu, here she is!  When we finally get settled, I will add better and more photos.

 Living room.  It is actually bigger than it looks.  There's new paint and carpet throughout.


 Dining nook.  There is also a formal dining room.
 I love the stairway.
 Master bath with a huge tub, and an enormous walk-in closet.  The entire master bath has been redone.
 Spare room
 The girls' room with lots of fun hideaways.  The biggest one is on the other side of the room.  Sophie loves it!
My favorite feature is that it's on a 1/3 of an acre, so the backyard is nice and big.  There is also a fun reading nook in the room we are planning to use as an office/library. 

It totals 2175 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, and 3 full baths.  We honestly feel so blessed that people like us could have the opportunity to find a house like this for such a great deal.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats Ash! It looks like a beautiful home - I am so happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

Yaaaaaaay!!! I'm so glad you guys found your new home. And honestly, I was blown away by your pictures. That is truly an awesome home!!

Stairs? Heck yes! Your stairs are the bomb.

Wish I could help with the move, but alas, I'll be working all that day and pregnancy doesn't help either. Maybe if Paul isn't working that day I can boot him out to come help. We'll see! Good luck you cute family you.

Morgan said...

YEAH!!!!! What a blessing and incredible home. I'm with Niki- completly blown away with your amazing pictures of your home. What a find! So happy for you guys.

The Jones Family said...

Beautiful house, that's so exciting! I hope you have fun moving (wish we could come help, but who moves on a wednesday!)