Wednesday, November 14, 2012

She Only Wanted to be a Kangaroo...

 
As Halloween approached, I began interrogating Sophie on what she wanted to be.  She changed her mind every couple of days until she settled on being a kangaroo.  I figured this too would pass, but she became insistent.  One day in the car, I was telling Justin I wasn't sure exactly how to make a kangaroo costume.  Sophie was quiet in the back seat until she tapped me on the shoulder and handed me a piece of paper.  She said, "Mom this is a blueprint for my kangaroo costume, follow it carefully."
 This was the best I could come up with...  Justin brought Sophie a little kangaroo he got from work to stick in her pouch.
Katie was a wonderful Cinderella.  And both the girls absolutely loved trick-or-treating in our neighborhood.  I had just had surgery, and my parents came to take the girls around the neighborhood.  Sophie continues to wear the costume long after Halloween.

3 comments:

McCall said...

her costume is incredible! You are so talented!

Josh 'n Jenn said...

Cute! yeah, that costume is way impressive! Hope surgery went well and you're feeling ok.

Unknown said...

That Sophie is a clever little thing! I love it when she tells dad the show he is watching is inappropriate. I'm so excited to see the girls in a few days!