Monday, August 4, 2014

Meet Sophie

Sophie is an absolute fireball!  She has more energy than anybody I have ever met.  We put her to bed at 7:30pm, and she typically stays up until 9:30.  She then wakes up at 6:30am, and she doesn't have that sleepy, I'm just getting out of bed mode.  She is up and firing on all cylinders.  And she doesn't take naps. Yay for me, right... Luckily, our main living area goes in a circle, so she can burn off a lot of energy going round and round.

Sophie absolutely loves animals and plants, and she has an incredible green thumb.  Everything she plants grows, and I mean EVERYTHING!  How is this possible?  I will never know.

Sophie is a builder, and I mean that literally.  She is constantly stealing pillows and couch cushions to make houses, barns, dog kennels, whatever.  If I put stuff away, I'll turn around, and she'll have it all out again.  She is like an ant in her persistent building.

Sophie has incredible hair!  I swear she took all the hair genes and left her sisters a little lacking.  It is long and thick and a little wild.  It takes a ton of work to maintain, and Justin has threatened to cut it more than once.  She has had 20 haircuts to date, and by haircuts I mean I trim off 2 inches while she's sleeping.  Sneaky, I know, but she's super sensitive about her hair, but it has to be trimmed when she starts to sit on it.  She wants it to grow to her feet like Rapunzels, so I trim it whilst she sleeps to avoid a fight.  Pick your battles right?  Tell me I'm not the only sneaky parent out there....

Sophie is my sunshine.  She experiences life to its fullest.  Sure that comes with a lot of ups and downs; in fact, I believe the correct term for her is spirited.  She honestly can be very difficult, and when she gets mad, she's MAD, and when she gets sad she's SAD, but most of the time she is happy.  She's more than happy though--she's joyful.

Sophie is the best helper!  She loves to help me cook, and she's even made dinner by herself a few times.  We're talking fettucinni alfredo, from scratch with wilted spinach and sauteed mushrooms.  Yeah, she's my kid!

Sophie acts way too much like an adult sometimes, and it melts my heart, and makes me want to cry because she's growing so fast!  I can't believe she'll be 6 in just a few short months.  I mean, really!



0 comments: