We spent this 4th of July with my sister in Holden. We had such a great time; it seemed like the entire county was there to celebrate all the events! I love small town support!
Here we are at the parade in Fillmore. It was so fun to watch all the kids scramble for the candy! Here are my mom and dad and April's son Danny.
Gary and Justin

My sister Jennifer and Sophie

Sophie

Sophie and Mommy

After the parade, we went to the park for some food and entertainment. Here is Danny. He is such a cute little boy, so full of mischief.

Emma and April

Jake

Mommy and Sophie again. Check out my lovely hair. I sprayed sunblock on my part to keep it from sunburning, and from then on, my hair was very special. I'll have to come up with a different idea for next time.

Jennifer, Will and Danny

The kids had a fantastic time riding on this little train.

And my mom painted Emma for the holiday.

That evening, we went to the demolition derby in Delta. This was a very well-attended event as well. Emma and I are taking in the action.

My dad and mom and Sophie

Justin and I



Sophie was so sleepy during the entire thing, but just when she'd nod off, someone would start screaming. She made it almost to the end, and then all the noise was just too much for her. Justin and I left a little early.

Gary and Tucker

Gary got to be in the pie eating contest. He's there on the left. He said it turned out to be just whip cream, and after they told everyone they got a prize, they discovered they had forgotten them. But Gary did a good job anyway!

You can see the raid clouds starting to roll in.

And here we are trying to stay dry during the little downpour.

My mom and Danny got under a trash bag. Danny got a kick out of the fact that they made a hole for him too!

One of the cars tipped upside-down. Luckily the guy was just fine.

Justin's favorite car was the batman one. It got second place.


After the derby, we began the long drive home. Justin and I finally arrived home at 2:00 am. It was a fabulous day with family!
0 comments:
Post a Comment