Monday, July 13, 2009

Fun in the sun

Last week was a good one. I absolutely love summer! I love the cloudless sky and the hot summer days. I love to hear kids playing on my street, and I especially love lazy summer evenings! We also had a good weekend until Justin and I got sick. We spent all day in bed watching movies on our laptop. The only times we got out of bed were to venture to the pharmacy to get some medication (that being said, we couldn't muster the energy until 2:00 pm), and we also heated a can of soup (the only thing we could bring ourselves to eat all day). Saturday was better. We were able to leave the house to go on a date that evening! Thursday, on the other hand, was much better. Sophie and I went swimming with Megs and Tucker, and that evening Justin and I walked to the coolest park ever to spend our lazy evening!

Sophie loved swimming in our pool. The house we bought is in an association, and the only major plus to that is having a pool across the street!
Sophie loves to look at Tucker. Actually, Sophie loves to scratch Tucker's face, pull his hair, and grab his eyes; but we only let her look at him.

Megs and Tucker
As I mentioned before, here is Sophie going for a hair grab.
Megs and Tucker again! I'm so glad my cousins live so close!
Sophie in her floaty.
Sophie and I again
Sophie is so easy-going!
This park by our house is so neat. It was probably invented by a physicist because all the toys work off of body weight. Justin and I had a fabulous time playing. At first the other adults thought we were pretty strange, but before long, everyone was playing!
This thing spins when you stand on it, and it is very difficult to stop when it gets going!
Another spinning thing. By the time I got the camera out and took a picture, Justin was sick from spinning.
The coolest swings!

And these things also spun! Maybe that's why we were so sick the next day!

And finally, we didn't want to leave Sophie out, so Justin took her down the little slide. She didn't like it very much!

1 comments:

The Jones Family said...

You guys are so awesome to get out and do stuff, even in the heat. It gets past about 10 am here and I'm done with being outside. My kids are so deprived!