Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas!

This post has taken me forever to get up because I was intimidated with the number of pictures. We had a fantastic time with our families! These pictures are in a little bit of the wrong order, but here goes.
After we opened presents at our house, we went to my parent's house to open presents with them.
Sophie got some cute new outfits.

Jennifer and I made this wall quilt to match the quilt on her bed.
Justin made this present for Jennifer along with getting her a gift card. The poster says "Jennifer Jo Houghton I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
Now here we are at our morning at home. I got this wonderful camera! I was so excited I could hardly stand it! It is 12.1 mega pixels and it has a 20x zoom! (Ignore my lovely face without make-up...)
Sophie got these blocks. She loves them!
I got Justin this package. He is always able to find out what his present is, so this year I was really sneaky. I wrapped this package and put it under the tree. In it was a gun cleaning kit, and bullets.
After he opened that, I pulled this out of the closet...
It is a shot gun. Justin was so excited! Sophie, on the other hand, as you can tell from this picture, was not as happy.

On Monday, April came to visit, so we all headed to my parent's house again. Here are Sophie and Tucker playing on the floor.
April gave Sophie a bag, some pictures for church, and an adorable home-made Mr. Potato Head.
My parents bought a wii with their gift cards. Here is my dad and Danny boxing away.
And my dad finally got to open his big present. My cousin Megan Schaugaard painted this picture for my dad (my mom and us kids commissioned her). This is a picture of my grandfather who passed away. His favorite thing to do was fish. It made my dad cry when he saw it. She did such a wonderful job!
And April made Justin a case for his new gun.
Danny was in heaven hanging out in all the wrapping paper. He is such a funny kid.

2 comments:

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

Fun Christas pics! Glad you guys had such a great Christmas!! That pic Megs painted is SOO good! She is so talented it is crazy.

Talia Draper said...

So glad to see you had a fun Christmas! I loved the picture of Grandpa. I think about him a lot actually and wish he could have met our spouses and children. It would have been wonderful.