Thursday, October 14, 2010

Update

These past couple weeks have been pretty tough for my family. I was extremely sick, which was nothing really new because I was sick for 7 months while pregnant with Sophie. But then I had some bleeding a few weeks ago. We went and saw our babies on an ultrasound, and both were still there but not doing well.

I continued to be miserable, and then I started passing out frequently. I figured I was anemic, which is nothing new to me either. When I went in for a normally scheduled doctor visit, they took an ultrasound and saw one baby and what looked like a lot of blood flow.

We had to wait an entire weekend until we could find out what was going on. Monday we went in and found out that we had lost one of our babies. It had been absorbed by the twin.

We are sad about our loss, but we are extremely grateful the other baby is doing so much better now. We got some wonderful footage of our sweet little baby, and we feel very blessed to welcome him/her into our family!

I am feeling so much better now, and we are grateful for the Lord's hand in our lives.

Thank you everyone for your amazing support!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry, that does not even seem like an adequate word to use. Anytime you are having a hard time please call me. I would be more than happy to take Sophia! I am at home all the time so it would really be my pleasure. Do you need me to organize meals for you? Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Megan Young said...

Ashley--you are so inspiring, I admire your positive attitude and recognizing the hand of the Lord in this experience. I'm grateful to hear you are feeling better and also that your baby is much healthier, too. Please let me watch Sophie the next time you need a sitter :) I've been wanting to watch that little girl for a while now!

The Jones Family said...

Hey! Wait a minute!! I can come and just take Sophie home with me anytime- I've offered in the past.... she would come home with so many pretties (if she came home at all!!!) I love you and am so glad that you are feeling better. I'm glad you called today, sorry I didn't call you yesterday. Let me know what you need :)

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

Hey Ash. Glad you are doing better and again Ty and I are so sorry for your loss. It was great to see you and catch up on Wednesday!! Lets do it again soon! Let me know if you ever need anything!

Talia Draper said...

Oh Ashley, I am so sorry. Hang in there and remember that our Heavenly Father loves you. He is always there to help buoy you up in hard times. Love Always!

SheriJane said...

SO SO Sorry for your loss!! Let me know if you need anything!!

CallisterCatch said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you. If you need anything let us know.

Megs said...

That has to be hard, but I am glad that the other one is doing better now. I wish the best for the rest of your pregnancy! If you ever need anything, you know who to call! Ghostbusters...haha not really, you know you can call ME anytime!