Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bahamas!

Justin's work took us on another fantastic vacation! We really needed a break together with Justin's incredibly hectic schedule.
Justin got double diamond again, so we got to go a day early. We had a fantastic time in the Downtown Disney Village in Orlando, Florida. Here we are eating breakfast. Justin and I had chocolate milk in honor of schools wanting to ban it. I mean really, let's talk about the pizza and the chicken nuggets first!


We were missing Sophie, so we got a picture taken with her favorite character!
And her second favorite...
The Archibalds were great and came along with us. We ended up not planning very well, and we were all about 20 minutes late for the bus (we blame the bellhop).
There are benefits to being double diamond! Check out our huge room on the cruise ship!
And our private balcony!
Here is my 10 week pregnant shot! For those of you who may not know, it's twins! That is why I already look like this...
We love the towel animals...
On our day in the Bahamas, we went to a private island retreat. It was so relaxing!

At lunch, I decided to feed this little bird...
Then there was this big bird...

And then I got bombarded, but I was afraid to stop feeding them...

And then I rad out of food...
We found this ugly guy...
We had this beach all to ourselves.
We found lots of really great stuff. And yes I know I am uber white!
Our ship
The Bahamas! On our tour we saw lots of stars homes, including Chuck Norris's...

These hands were really creepy!
I love golfing on a ship!
We saw this far distant ship, and we had a joke going that it was a pirate ship coming to commandeer our vessel. We were pretty disappointed when we were wrong...
Gotta love lounging!
Justin's awards!
Here I am looking for sharks! I told Justin I saw a shark (kidding), and then I said, "Oh wait, it was just the crest of a wave." Minutes later Justin said he saw a shark (kidding), and then he said, "Oh wait, it was just the breast of a wave!" He misunderstood what I said, so we said that the rest of the time. Maybe you had to be there...
The view from our balcony!
After our 3 day trip, it was time to head home. The journey home was a long one! We got up and going at 4:30 Utah time and went to bed at 11:00 (after picking up Sophie). It was a long day!
When we got on the ship we were vip, so I had to get a picture by the sign on the way out! VIP is great, but I would never pay for it. Luckily, we didn't have to...
At the airport, we had about 4 hours to kill before our flight, so we took a ton of pictures by all the interesting things. Here are just a few of them...
We stayed in the Disney resort our first night.




The guy who took this picture asked us if we were on our honeymoon because we were acting so lovey and ridiculous! We had so much fun!
This is Woody the Woodpecker I found out. For some reason, I thought his name was Fudpucker. Don't ask me why I thought that. But I got made fun of the rest of the day!
We sat by this guy on the way back, and in honor of Tyler and Nicole who were supposed to go on the trip but couldn't make it, we took this picture with the biggest gator fan ever! I think he could even rival Tyler. Everything he was wearing was Gator except for his jeans. Even his shoes were Gator. As it turns out, he's even on the board of trustees. He was a great guy!
We missed you Tyler and Nicole!

10 comments:

Talia Draper said...

Pregnant!!! How exciting! Twins!!! Good luck!!!

McCall said...

I didn't know you were having TWINS! Congrats, how exciting! And you trip looks like it was a blast

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

Congratulations! Twins! That is just so exciting! Looks like you guys had a wonderful trip!

Megan said...

Twins! That's so exciting. Congrats Ashley (and Justin & Sophie too!) I can't wait to see pictures!

The Holland Family said...

You are so spoiled to go on a vacation like that. And wow TWINS! What the heck? That is great. I'm so happy for you. You will be the best mom of twins. Do twins run in your family? Lucky you.

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

I'm SO sad we couldn't make it!! Glad you guys had such a fun trip though, looks like we definitely missed out!! That's awesome that you guys found such a die hard Gator fan! :) Even Gator shoes...now that is impressive,lol

Megan Young said...

Looks like a lot of fun! And best of luck with the twins!! SO exciting!

Megs said...

Oh I am so jealous! It looks like you had so much fun!

Haha! I love pictures with the birds! Too funny. And the Gator fan. That is way funny that you got a picture with him!

Now all you need to do is talk Gary into taking me on a trip like this. Too bad he never made diamond club!

Malea said...

That looks as if it was so much fun! I am so glad you two + some were able to go and have a blast! :)

The Jones Family said...

Okay, there are so many comments I could make right now, but I'm just so dang excited about the fact that I think you might be as white as me!!! Love it!!!