Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas!

We spent Christmas Eve with Justin's family as usual, and we spend Christmas morning at my parent's house, and then we did our Christmas in the evening at our house. We had such a wonderful time with family!

To kick off Christmas Eve, here is Justin smashing our old phone with a hammer! This phone was absolutely terrible as was our service. Justin started out with this phone, and then I had the pleasure of finishing with it. It only worked if it was plugged in, and I didn't get most of my voicemails, so if you thought I was ignoring you, I apologize! Because of our horrible provider, we also didn't get service in our house, so I felt very disconnected from everything.

I am happy to report we now have excellent phones and excellent service! Yeah!

And boy did it feel good to smash this thing to smitherines!
Justin and I were supposed to bring a veggie tray to our Christmas Eve dinner. Justin finished his Bachelor's degree and is not starting on his Master's until August, so with all our new found time together we created this... It was an absolute blast! I think we laughed non-stop the entire hour it took us to make. It's so nice to feel married again!

And here we are eating dinner...
This picture's not great, but here is Sophie finding herself a nice little seat. She plopped right down on Amy's wheelchair. I guess all that walking was exhausting...
Sophie opening her very own white elephant gift...
She wasn't quite sure about her candles, but she was happy to share with mom who was excited!
And here is Justin dominating the present unwrapping game...
Sophie even participated, and she was so happy to do so. She was also very happy to be wearing mom's "pretty" in her hair.
And Justin won the present prize!
And here he is with the ornament he made this year...
Sophie loved Kaden's hat... She also has a little dinosaur magnet in her hand. She always gets this off the fridge and chases people with it. She loves to growl and watch them run away.
Christina, Yvonne, and Bruce joined us this year, and Bruce was so fun to watch open presents. He definitely had the enthusiasm of a little kid!
Sophie opened her presents one piece at a time...
And every piece she pulled off had to go directly into the trash... It was so funny!
Our gift from Dan and Anna. Justin was excited it even had his name on it! The other boys thought they were gypped out of the personalized touch...
This part's a little out of order because we actually did presents at our house in the evening, but here goes...
Justin with his spoils. He got some ties, a shirt, cologne, and some buckle shoes he really wanted. Sophie added the minion...
I got the most wonderful gift! This beautiful piano you see is now all mine! I have been wishing and saving for a while now, and we were able to find a killer deal on this 97 year-old treasure. I also got Despicable Me, a journal, and a Christmas movie!
This was Sophie's present to Justin. She picked them all out by herself. First, I had her pick him a tie, and then she insisted on getting him this Off Repellent fan. She was so excited about it too, so I figured, why not! He got a kick out of it anyway...
Here I am in the actual morning. We had time to open just one gift before heading to Mom and Dad's.
We obviously had to have our annual silly string war...
Sophie wasn't quite sure about all of it...
Sophie got Toy Story bedding and this adorable dress.
At the end of the night, Sophie crashed on this gift I made for her. I also crocheted her the blanket you see in the background. Now her babies have their very own blankets.

We hope you all had a fantastic holiday season!

PS. For New Years we didn't actually get any pictures, but we had a blast at home playing games all night!

0 comments: