Monday, January 10, 2011

Sophie's 2nd Birthday

When Sophie was born, everyone told me that time with her would just fly by. Well, the first year seemed pretty normal and not too fast, but the 2nd year! I really do not know where time went, but I am grateful I have been able to spend that time as a stay-at-home mom to the sweetest little thing ever!

We had a fun little birthday party for Sophie at our house. I had the sweetest little dress picked out for her to wear, but alas, the child will always prefer her Toys pajamas.

Here she is with her new learning laptop from Simon and Kristy. Sophie didn't quite understand about posing for pictures, and she wasn't sure about opening her presents in front of so many people, but she loved all her new toys.
My parents gave Sophie Buzz which was a huge hit with her. She still sleeps with him every night. Buzz is rather annoying, so sometimes he has to rest by taking his batteries out!


Sophie was pretty dazed the entire time. She wasn't sure why everyone was paying so much attention. Here she is with her baby stroller from Mommy and Daddy.
She got many more wonderful presents, and we were so grateful for supportive family!
I made Sophie a frog cake because that's what she said she wanted. We didn't get any pictures, but I do have a video of it.
.
Some fun things about Sophie:
.
Sophie no longer takes naps, but she loves to put all her toys down for naps all day. Much of our time is spent wandering up and down the stairs to her room to put her various toys to sleep. She lays them in her bed, gives them "tisses n a hug," and then she closes the door and says, "Wuv you Woody, Buzz, Baby" (or whatever she's putting down). We then go back downstairs, and we generally repeat the process every 10 to 15 minutes. I think it's the sweetest thing ever!
.
Sophie is now in a big girl bed as of her birthday party. The transition was much better than I expected especially since her bed is so high (pictures will follow eventually...).
.
Sophie loves to give everyone "tisses n a hug" before we leave anywhere, and she gives them to me often throughout the day.
.
Sophie loves Toy Story and can name every character from the movie.
.
Sophie loves to play outside, and she has had a hard time since the cold has set in not being able to go outside all day. I've also had a hard time with this because my house doesn't stay as tidy as before...
.
Sophie says little prayers all by herself, and she always finishes by throwing up her arms and shouting "amen!" She even does this at church much to my chagrin and other's delight.
.
Sophie decided the day after her birthday she wanted to go in the potty and has been pretty good at going ever since.
.
Sophie is not very good at sharing her toys, but we are working on it before our next baby arrives.
.
Sophie is such a comedian! She loves to make faces, dance silly, or do anything to make us laugh!
.
We love her so much and are so grateful she came to our home!




1 comments:

*Aliese* said...

HaHaHa! Don't you worry...Sophie LOVES to put all the nursery toys down for naps as well. SO CUTE.