Monday, February 21, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I decided to take a cue from my friend's blog and post the funny things Sophie does. I love this age so much!

Sophie loves to get ice cream from the ice cream man with Daddy. Now, she thinks all ice cream comes from him, and she calls it "cream man." One day I told her we were going to have ice cream, and she ran to the door. I said, "No, it's in the freezer." At which point, she got a very worried look on her face, and started beating on the fridge door. She screamed, "Help, cream man!" over and over.

I asked Sophie one day where her Daddy was (he was at work), and she said, "seeping side (sleeping outside)." I tried to convince her he was working, but she still thinks he goes outside to sleep.

Sophie went with my cousin Megs to creative minds one day where she fed a horse apples. Since then, we have taken her to feed horses around town. Now, when she is saying her nighttime prayers, she always adds, "Peeze feed horsees apples n grass (please feed horses apples and grass)." You can't argue with the sincere desire of a child's heart.

One day while driving to church, a man cut Justin off, and he exclaimed, "Come on dude!" During the Sacrament, Sophie yelled to our friend Simon, "Come on dude!" So embarrassing!

Every week during the Sacrament, when Sophie eats the bread, she says loudly, "Mmmmm, so good" over and over.

I'm excited to keep a permanent record of the fun things Sophie says. I'm afraid I've forgotten so many already.

5 comments:

Morgan said...

he he he he that's hillarious! Love this bit! You should keep it. :D

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

LOL cute little sophie!!

The Jones Family said...

What a cute little critter creature! I was telling Kody about this post last night, we both really liked her thinking the ice cream man was locked in the freezer! Love you!

Nikki said...

Best post ever. Couldn't stop laughing! Sophie is SO adorable!

Megs said...

I'm so glad she got the chance to feed horseys apples n grass at Creative Minds with Tucker and me. We'll have to go there sometime with you so you can see what she is praying for each night ;) What a cutie!