Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pregnancy Update and Other Fun

This pregnancy has been a wild adventure for everyone in my little family. My first pregnancy was challenging, but this one definitely takes the cake. I am definitely grateful for modern medical advances because to these I owe my life.

Our new situation started about a month ago. I came down with several infections; actually, about every infection in the book really. I had a kidney, bladder, urinary tract, vaginal, uterine, sinus, and ear infection. NOT fun!!! I was put on a bunch of antibiotics to clear all these out, and after 2 weeks we thought the worst was over. Then some of them came back. As a result, I started into preterm labor. Since then, we have been on edge constantly and have made several more trips into the hospital.

The next 2 days consisted of long trips to the hospital for fetal monitoring, and I also received 2 steroid shots to help develop our little girl faster. I was also put on restricted activity/modified bedrest which has, by far, been one of the most challenging things I have ever dealt with. I can get up and move about but only for very short periods of time.

I was also put on nasty medication to stop my contractions. It makes me incredibly dizzy, gives me a terrible headache, and makes me more nauseated than I already was.

I have been learning how to cope and deal though, and every day our baby stays in is a wonderful miracle. There is still a chance she could go full-term, and we are praying we get as close to that as possible.

Here I am at almost 29 weeks!
More of our puzzle obsession. This is a perfect activity for me right now.

Justin went in to give blood, and the technician screwed up on the placement of the needle 4 times. This is his bruise. It's actually worse now--poor guy!
You do have to admit though, it does look pretty cool. Or am I the only one who thinks wicked bruises are cool?...
Justin and Sophie all ready for church. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to join them for this entire month, but I'm hoping this week!...
I think she looks so sweet and entirely too grown up with her little backpack on.

Sophie loves to dress up! Like father, like daughter; Justin was always dressed up as a child.

Sophie is wonderful company while I am down.
If I haven't had too many contractions that day, I take Sophie to the park. I pretty much lay on the grass on a blanket while she expels all her pent up energy! We both love it!
Sophie is never happier than when she is swinging on a swing...

4 comments:

Morgan said...

You poor thing! I hope everything works out for you and that your little girl hangs in there for quite some time. Do you need any help? Send me a text if you need some company! (801) 319-1105 Hang in there lady!

Megan said...

Oh my goodness Ashley! I am so sorry to hear that things are not going so well! Hopefully this little girl can hold on a little longer!

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

Oh Ash, so sorry things have been so crazy for you lately. Jack and I need to come visit ya! And little Sophia a such a cutie!!

The Jones Family said...

Tell that little stinker to calm down and stay put! I'm sorry about all of the infections- I guess now we're even. I didn't tell you about my heart and you neglected to mention that you were a human petrie dish! I love you, miss you, and hope I get to see you soon. (Oh yeah, I live the pics!!!)