Monday, March 21, 2011

Fun Times

Things are still going well at our house. Still no baby, but she should be here soon. For the past few days I've had contractions that get very painful and consistent. About the time we decide to leave for the hospital, they slow down dramatically and then stop.

It has been extremely frustrating, but I guess Baby Katie just needs a little more baking time, so I'm trying to be patient. The physical and emotional toll has been immense (I feel like I've been hit by a truck every day), but despite all this, we've still had some good times.

Sophie picked up my book and looked thoroughly engrossed.
We celebrated Dr Seuss Day with a green egg and ham breakfast. Justin even read the book over our meal.

I finally got the opportunity to take Sophie back to Creative Minds. My mother-in-law went with to help, and we had a blast. Sophie has been talking about it ever since she went with her cousin Tucker. She loves this horse; she spent most of her time in this little area.
She played Mommy...
Sophie loves apples, even when they're fake...
Driving
Back to the horse section...

Then she curled up in this chicken coop. She loves tight spaces.
Justin let Sophie pretend to drive...
Sophie loves to go to Arctic Circle for some ice cream and playtime.
Ah, Justin--gotta love him!

I love her smirky little faces.
Sophie loves to play with her cousins! In fact, she asks every day if she can go to Tucker's house.

3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

She's so funny. And lucky! I love my cousins; they're still some of my very best friends. I just wish I lived closer to them now that we're grown!

Morgan said...

Oh how fun. Glad things are going well for you- just a little bit longer! It'll be worth all the extra baking you give little Katie. ;)

The Jones Family said...

Keep hanging in there! Not much longer and you'll have two... then you'll wish Katie could go back in for a little longer :) No, two really isn't bad, and I'm sure you can't wait. I love the pics from creative minds and Sophie's funny little faces she pulls. She's adorable, just like her mom (and dad, sorry Justin, didn't mean to leave you out!)