Saturday, April 2, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes and Baby Update

-Justin offered Sophie some juice. After drinking, Justin asked how it was and Sophie replied that "it susceptible" (it's acceptable).
-
-We were sitting in the living room one day when I saw Sophie picking her nose. Before I could stop her, she stuck a big old booger in her mouth and said, "Mmmmm, so good!" Talk about gross!
-
-Sophie sometimes talks in a scary dinosaur-like raspy voice--she honestly sounds like Golum from Lord of the Rings. We often wonder if we should call an exorcist...
-
-When Sophie wakes up in the morning, she will knock on her bedroom door until I come get her. Sometimes I'm still asleep, and she probably knocks for a while, but she never cries.
-
-Sophie has to help me cook every meal, and she's always quick to tell Justin that she made lunch/dinner/breakfast/snack.
-
-We went to our friend's house one evening to make pizza and hang out. They have a new baby, and a bottle of breast milk was sitting on an end table. Sophie picked it up, took a big swig, and proceeded to spit violently. She seriously kept doing this for about 20 minutes, and finally she said, "Milk really, really, really yucky! Baby no drink yucky milk!" I seriously thought I was going to die I was laughing so hard.
-
-
-
*Well, we obviously don't have a baby yet, but she's not too far off. I hate that I spent 2 months on bedrest and medication to stop labor, and now baby just doesn't want to get out! My mucus plug is gone, I've nested, had the bowel clean out (I know too much information), and I've been having regular contractions for 3 days. I went to the hospital the first day, and they said the contractions are causing me to dilate just not very quickly, so they sent me home since I want to avoid pitocin at all costs. I had some with Sophie, and it made unmedicated labor very difficult. I suppose I should be grateful that each day brings me closer to the final event, and hopefully our hospital stay will be nice and short. I'm sure I'll be posting pictures of our beautiful baby very soon!

0 comments: