Monday, May 9, 2011

Welcome to the World!

Katie is finally here! It's taken me several days to get this up because having 2 kids is a lot busier than just 1, but I absolutely love it, and I couldn't be happier to finally have this pregnancy behind me.

Wednesday I was having contractions, but they weren't close or regular. I had to have an ultrasound to check my fluid levels since I was 5 days overdue at the time. My fluid levels were still okay, so I went home; at which point the contractions started picking up a bit. Justin ended up leaving work around 4, and we took Sophie to his mom's house.

When I got to the hospital, they determined I wasn't progressing very quickly, so they asked if I'd like to go home. Since I wanted to go all natural, we did just that. But the contractions were pretty hard by midnight, so we headed back in and were admitted.

Here I am dilated to an 8. I made Justin take the picture between contractions so the pain didn't show through. This is also when my doctor broke my water...
And here I am at a 9. Just like Sophie, Katie was posterior and would not turn, so I stayed here at a 9 for 3 hours. This made for an excruciating finish, but I was sure I could make it. They decided to pump some pitocin in to try to help me finish it off. When I finally got to the point where I said I could no longer handle it, she turned, and I was pushing!


2 light pushes and one big one got our beautiful girl here! The chord was wrapped around her neck, so she was blue and not breathing when she came out. I was so worried, but Justin managed to cut the chord without cutting Katie, and they got her breathing without problem. When they brought her over and put her on me, she wasn't even crying at all. When they took her away, we got to hear her little cry. It is seriously so tiny; I love it!


She was born at 6:09 am and was 7 lb 4 oz and 19 inches long.



My parents were waiting in the hall to see her.

I absolutely love her!

Gotta love those after labor, exhausted photos...







Justin's parents came soon after...

I could just stare at her all day!



Friday after we got out of the hospital, we headed to Justin's graduation. I'm just glad Katie came in time!

I am so proud of him! He got his Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration.

Our first family photo with the 4 of us!

And here are several shots of our little Katie Bug. She got her Daddy's dimples, but I never could get a good picture of them.



She is such a content little thing.





Sophie is warming up to her baby sister.

She seriously never cries, and she has allowed me to get at least 5 hours of sleep each night, so I am a happy camper!


Justin's a very proud daddy.

7 comments:

SheriJane said...

you are such a trooper Ash!! going to graduation after just getting out of the hospital! glad that gal is finally here, she's a cutie!!

The Jones Family said...

You are awesome! I loved my epidurals :) ( I don't think that's spelled right, but I don't know how to spell it, so oh well.) Mom's right she has a lot of Sophie in her but also looks a lot like Jen when she was a baby! She's beautiful, good work. Sorry we missed Justin's graduation, we didn't even know about it until that day. Tell him congrats! Love you!

Morgan said...

So sweet. I still couldn't believe it when I saw you at graduation. You are far beyond a woman and a half- I'd say super woman! Way to go Lady. So happy for your darling little family. :D

Megs said...

Katie is a cutie for sure! Glad she's finally here!

NICOLE said...

Congrats!! Little Katie is SO SO cute, glad everything went well!! What a cute family you guys are!!

Josh 'n Jenn said...

I'm so glad she's finally here! She's adorable. You look great as well, I might add. You all do- you have such a cute family! Love her little outfit by the way :) Congrats and job well done.

Megan said...

Hooray she's here! We are so happy for you guys! She's beautiful! Congrats!