Monday, March 5, 2012

Sophie's Antics

Justin and I went to renew our temple recommends.  When I went into the bishop's office, the door closed, and Sophie yelled, "Mommy, don't go!"  She then plopped on the floor, put her head down and groaned, "It's all my fault!"

Sophie and I were having a tea party.  She took a giant swig of her lemonade and said, "So afreshing!"

I always tell Sophie if she eats too many marshmallows she'll get a tummy ache.  One day, I gave her her usual allotment of two, and she said, "But Mommy!  I want a tummy ache!"

My mom came over to our house.  When she left, Sophie sighed, "Poor, poor little Grandma.  She'll miss me so much."

Katie somehow managed to remove her diaper one night, and Justin woke up to find poop in her crib.  He promptly put her in the tub.  Then Justin jumped in the shower.  Sophie asked me what happened to Katie.  I told her she needed a bath because she pooped in her crib.  She then asked where her daddy was; I told her he was taking a shower.  She got a really worried look on her face and exclaimed, "Oh no!  Daddy pooped in his bed!"


I wasn't feeling well one day, so I laid down on the couch and let Sophie watch a movie.  She came over, began stroking my face and hair, and sang me "You Are My Sunshine."  She even put my name and her name into the song like I do for her every night.  It was so sweet that she knew all the words and wanted to make me feel loved by singing it that I actually started to tear up.  It was the sweetest little thing.

3 comments:

Josh 'n Jenn said...

So funny! Cute cute cute...

Nicole said...

OMG WAy cute!

Unknown said...

It's so amazing that you are writing these down before forgetting them. Sophie is so hilarious! I love the innocence.