Monday, August 10, 2009

Sophie is 8 Months Old!

Sophie turned 8 months old on the 6th. She is still such a fun addition to our family; especially this month. She has become much more active and mobile! She crawls at lightning speed I swear, especially when her target is our nice, expensive laptop. She also stands up next to the couch and walks around with support. I have to keep everything out of her little reach, and I just love it! She is weighing in at 16 lbs. and getting bigger all the time.
Sophie loves to go swimming, especially with her daddy.

This is Sophie's toy bin in our front room. She is constantly tipping it over and spreading her toys everywhere.
Sophie loves to eat whatever we are eating. Here she is taking over her daddy's apple.


Sophie loves read books. I let her pick her own out at the library--this book is a cheerio book, and she picked it out because she thought she could eat them.
Sophie is learning to like new foods!
Even tomatoes. (Despite the look on her face, she really does love them!... I think)


Here she is standing all alone! She's so proud of herself!
We also cut Sophie's "who" hairs on her 8 month birthday. They were getting ridiculously long.
And her mad scientist hairs on the side. So sad!
Her daddy had to cut the "who" hairs; I just couldn't bring myself to do it!

Now she is all nice and even. I can still put it in a pony tail, so we are okay!


3 comments:

bryce and paige said...

Sophie is an absolute doll! I love her big blue eyes. It is always so sad to have their first hair cut, but somebody has to do it.

Megs said...

How cute is little Sophie?! I have missed you guys this week!

The Jones Family said...

I bet you cried when the who hairs had to come off. She is just so beautiful, I can't believe she gets prettier every day. It's not like we expect any different with her beautiful mom! Okay, Justin isn't so bad either... Love and miss you.