Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bountiful Basket

I am trying to get a drop off location in St. George from Bountiful Basket. For those of you who don't know what this is, essentially, it's a fabulous way to get discounted fruit and vegetables from growers in the Utah/Idaho/Arizona area. I know a couple people who are involved in Hurricane, and they love it. This last week the bountiful basket included:

Apples-13
Bananas-6
Oranges-12
Kiwi-1 lb
Strawberries-1 lb.
Onions-4
Potatoes- 5 lb.
Lettuce- 1 enormous head
Cucumbers-2
Cantaloupe-1
Cauliflower-1
Mushrooms-1 carton
Plus if you volunteer some time, you can take home extra items for free.

The cost is $15 + $1.50 processing fee.

That is an exceptional deal for all that you get. If you grow stuff, you can also sell it to them or trade it for other items. Check out their website at http://bountifulbaskets.org/

Let me know if you are interested in doing this. If we get 20 people, we can get a drop-off site in St. George.
(If that sounds like too much food for your family, you can always team up with someone else and split the cost and the basket.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've done this once as a single college student with one roommate and it was worth it I feel. It's a good deal and just a neat thing. It's great :)

The Jones Family said...

Dang! Wish they had that here!!!

CallisterCatch said...

I would love to be involved. I definetly need to get fresh fruits and veggies back into my families diet. Let me know. Thanks!