Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm Released

I have mixed emotions about being released as Relief Society President. I thought I would just be happy, but I will really miss serving, and I will especially miss working with my fantastic Relief Society Presidency.

Justin and I have been called to the Spanish branch. This new calling makes me want my old one back! I'm sure I will love the Spanish people, and I really hope I'll be able to understand. I also hope they won't laugh at my Spanish skills too much...
Justin and I still plan to attend at least part of our old ward each Sunday since we'll be back in 6 months, and we can't bear to completely leave all our friends.

5 comments:

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

What a fun new adventure for you both = )
I totally understand your feelings of mixed emotion. It was a very bitter sweet time for me as well. I definately count the opportunity to serve as a wonderful blessing in our lives.
Hope you love your new calling = ) Good luck!

*Aliese* said...

Whoah! I apparently missed this entirely. I guess that's what happens when you miss sacrament (we were driving back from SLC and got back just in time for our Sunday School class). What a fun adventure for you guys though!

Megan Young said...

Congratulations on the new calling! !Buenas suerte y diviertete! You were a wonderful Relief Society President and I'm positive that won't be the last time you serve in that position! Thanks again for watching Hadley...call me to watch Sophie some time! :)

Josh 'n Jenn said...

I just read through the last few months of your blog and I loved it. so fun to read. Sophie is getting so big! looks like a good summer :) I hope you got my text last week, we'll have to chat soon. Congrats on your new calling- that will be a really cool experience. Love ya girl.

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

Awww look at the 4 of us! Good times for sure!! Can't believe we are released...sadness. We still need to get together soon though and hang out!