Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween!

I know our posts have been kind of non existent the last little while, but we haven't done much since I get so sick while pregnant. I am now 15 weeks and still puking, but I don't feel as miserable as before. At least I have all feeling back in my arm and my broken ribs are healing well. Dang the violent vomiting.

I felt great for the weekend of Halloween, and it was so nice to be around other people. Here we are at the trunk or treat Justin's work put on.
Justin was Iron Man, and I was the Black Widow (Scarlett Johanson's character in Iron Man 2). We had a blast making our costumes (we don't believe in purchasing our costumes because it's not as much fun)!

Oh yeah, and Sophie was a duck, but she wasn't very fond of the hood.
Sophie and Tucker had a blast on the stairs at our ward party. We think they were thinking there were balloons attached to those strings.

Kristy as a witch with her witch cackle, and me trying to look as Black Widowish as I can...
Saturday night we took Sophie trick or treating in my parent's neighborhood.
My dad took us around in style. Their street is extremely long with tons of space between houses, so this was a big help.
My mom loved taking Sophie to the door, and it didn't take Sophie long to catch on to the whole concept. My parent's neighbors were quite generous, and after only 10 houses, Sophie has enough candy to last until next year!
Sunday we had our traditional holiday pancake breakfast. (I'm so glad I found a delicious gluten free recipe.)
Here are our jack o lantern pancakes. Each of them had... personality!
And that night we made some delicious Cinnamon rolls. As if we hadn't already had enough sugar. Sophie loves to help Mommy stir.

3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Sophie's duck leggings are super cute.

Megan Young said...

So much fun!! Love all the cute and creative things you do!

Megs said...

You guys totally rocked with your cool homemade costumes!

It seems like real trick-or-treating is a lost art! I'm glad you got a chance to do it in your parents' neighborhood! Maybe next year we'll tag along with you!

P.S. I am so glad you have been feeling better lately!