Wednesday, February 25, 2009

15 Random Things About Me

1. I love music! I also love a very wide variety of music--anything from Elvis and Savage Garden to Dean Martin and Shania Twain. I love music from every era, and I can't possibly pick a favorite genre. Most of the time I am partial to the golden oldies, but I also love pop and church music. The only music I don't listen to is rap and hard rock.

2. I can play several instruments. I have played the clarinet since I was 11, and I was named first chair in the state in high school. I can play the saxophone (in all its varieties); I also taught myself to play the piano (I'm not an especially good sight reader, but I can play almost anything I really want to learn. I can play all the Hymns).

3. When I was thirteen, my brother took me out for a driving lesson. I ended up rolling the car, and my seatbelt came loose because it was only bolted to the carpet. I came away with only a scratch, and everyone at the hospital had to come see because they were sure I'd be mangled. To this day I am paranoid about driving, and riding with a scary driver is my worst nightmare.

4. I am obsessive compulsive about some things and couldn't care less about others. For example, laundry has to be washed, folded, and put away the way I like it. Clothes have to be hung up in a certain order. Needless to say, I am the only one who does laundry in my house, but I don't really care about how the dishes are done, so Justin helps out with them quite often. I do love my house to be clean and orderly.

5. I got straight A's in high school until the third quarter of my senior year. I got a C on a major test in English on Hamlet--to this day I cannot stand the play. I got straight A's in college until I met Justin. The semester we got married was a rough one on my GPA...

6. I am obsessed with getting my food storage. I am constantly looking for good deals I can stock up on.

7. I do not like to go shopping. I have only bought about 10% of my wardrobe--the rest of it came from my mom and my sisters in the form of hand-me-downs. I love their hand-me-downs!

8. I love to sew and make crafty stuff. I refuse to buy most things that I can make myself.

9. Justin and I almost never watch TV. We have cable in our house (because we pay for it with our association dues), but it is not hooked up. We do love to watch TV series on DVD though. We have already watched "I Love Lucy," and we are currently working on "Monk."

10. When I was in high school, I went line dancing with my friends at The Dance Factory nearly every weekend. I even won one of the hundred dollar dance competitions.

11. I have always wanted to be a mom when I grew up, and after my children are raised, I want to be a college professor.

12. I love to read. Justin and I have hundreds of books, and I have read nearly every one. Once I get sucked into a book, it's hard for me to concentrate on anything else.

13. I am almost always happy. I love to smile and be happy. If I am not feeling happy, I will pretend I am until I do.

14. I love to keep a journal, and I have kept a fairly consistent one since I was in third grade.

15. My favorite thing is to spend time with my husband and my baby. I especially love going for hikes with them and nighttime walks around the neighborhood.

I tag Megs, Mia, and April because you are all a little random at times! ;)

3 comments:

Mee said...

That was awesome! I got to know you so much in just a few lines...let me try!

Megs said...

Haha! Your mom and Jennifer were talking last weekend about how you don't like to shop and how they always give you their hand-me-downs! It must be true :)

Gary is really weird and anti-taggish. Personally I think they are kind of fun. I haven't done any yet, but we'll see if he lets me get away with it on our blog.

The Jones Family said...

I promise I'll do this later, when I feel a little more up to it! I don't think there was a single thing on your list that I didn't know about you. Maybe you need to work on your randomness.