Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cruise to Mexico!

We feel so spoiled! Justin earned another free trip with his company, so we were able to go on another cruise to Mexico! We had to leave Sophie behind with my mom. It was REALLY hard to leave her, but I am glad that she was able to stay with someone we trust so much. Sophie had a really great time with grandma and grandpa, and we had a fabulous time in Mexico.


This is our ship.


This is Justin chillin' in our room.





Our miraculous, tiny room. Gotta love it!


We did a photo shoot in our room while we were waiting for the safety alarm.



We are all decked out in our life jackets, waiting for the alarm. We look great don't you think?


This is a view over one of the balconies in the ship. It's really hard to see the background, but it was a really neat boat.


This is us waiting on the cruise terminal for our tour bus to depart. We liked this monkey guy.




The streets of Mexico as seen from our tour bus. (You can see Justin's legs in the reflection of the window.)


We took a tour through an old winery. It was really neat to see all the equipment they used to make the wine in Mexico.


There were tons of machines around. We have no idea what most of them do.


This is one of the huge barrels in which the wine is stored.

This is a giant candle. We aren't sure what this is for, but we couldn't help but take a picture. It was about 5 1/2 feet tall!

This is me by the huge wine display.
We also went to one of the largest casinos in Mexico. (Casino, as in gathering place--not gambling central.)
In this room, famous people used to perform. In the fifties, Lucielle Ball and Desi Arnaz came to perform several times.

Justin just had to buy a sombrero while we were in Mexico. He made friends with one of the little Mexican ladies, and she dressed him up like this!
Justin, saluting the Mexican flag.

The streets of Ensenada were definitely crowded and busy, but some of the buildings were pretty neat. This is a hotel.

Justin is standing in front of one of the local bars. (We just thought it was neat-looking.)

The ocean view. Justin loves to look into the water on ships, but I can't do it without becoming incredibly sick.

Our formal dinner night.

Justin got two desserts that night, and boy was he excited!

Justin posing with his diamond award! Congratulations Justin!
This is Justin with some of the other diamond club winners.

One thing we love on the cruise ship is the animals the room stewardesses make. This one is a rabbit.

An elephant

And a monkey

On the way home, something monumental happened... We discovered a grey hair on Justin's head. I'm afraid it's only the beginning, but he still looks great!

We were so excited to be reunited with our little girl! She had a fun time with grandma, but we are happy to have her home with us!

3 comments:

Megs said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I bet you missed Sophie tons!

Oh-I emailed you the list you asked for :)

The Holland Family said...

Sophie is getting so big and so darn cute. I miss seeing you at work Ash. Hope things are good for you. Love, Nic

Talia Draper said...

I'll bet that was soooooo hard leaving Sophie behind! Turner is almost 1 and this will be the first weekend that we are leaving him overnight for 2 nights. It will be weird. Any advice? I think I'm going to be a wreck. Anyway, it looks like you guys had a blast! I am way jealous.