Thursday, June 25, 2009

Series of Unfortunate Events

We've all had them. Those days when you wonder if it would be safer to crawl back into bed and pull the covers over your head. I have had just such a day today. It all started out well. Up at 7:00. Feed Justin breakfast and get on with my day. I left to meet a friend in the park at 10:00. On the way there, the ac in our truck went on the blink again, and boy was today a scorcher! We had a fantastic time in the park, and on the way home...

Our tire separated. After dealing with that, I got home in time to fix Justin's lunch. I decided to barbecue and make some broiled fries to go along with it. I always fry the potatoes in a little bit of oil to start with, so the fries turn out nice and crispy. I have never had a problem before, but today...
I started a big old grease fire! The flames scorched my microwave above the stove. When I heard the sudden whoosh sound of the grease flame, I must admit I panicked for almost a whole minute. I screamed, and then the fire alarms started to go off. As the black smoke filled my kitchen, I suddenly reacted. I quickly put on some oven mitts, smothered the flame, turned off the burner, opened all the doors, grabbed Sophie and her diaper bag, and ran out the door. So Justin came home to find us playing on the front lawn. We ate our barbecue outside (grease fire is one of the worst smells ever), and when the smoke had cleared, we ventured in. Only to find...
Sophie's diaper exploded! No matter what brand of diaper we use, sometimes Sophie just explodes, and there is nothing we can do about it! It was Huggies that let us down this time. Sophie did get to take a bath though which is one of her favorite things to do. She kicks her legs frantically and splashes water everywhere! It is quite entertaining!

So, needless to say, I am going to be spending the rest of this day in my house trying to avoid any other catastrophe!

3 comments:

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

Dang...sounds like quite the day! Hope you don't have anymore like that anytime soon! As for the explosions I hope they don't happen in church anymore! haha :) that was too funny! Sophie is such a cutie!!

Sandy said...

Sounds like the house isn't a safe place because at least 1/2 of your problems happened at the house? ;) Love you!

The Jones Family said...

:) I really just don't know what to say... But I love you!