Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Super Fun/Super Busy Saturday

Saturday was such a busy day for us. It was jam packed with tons of fun though, so we didn't mind!

We got up bright and early to go rock climbing with some of our friends. We hiked into a canyon and tried out a couple different climbs. We were so sore afterward, but we felt great!

Here I am conquering a big climb!


Justin was so good. He climbed with his tennis shoes because we didn't have climbing shoes his size, and he barreled up the climbs so fast!
He also drew the first blood of the day!
Our friend Nicki. She was so good.
And Paul, the living spider man.
Paul and Justin
Paul belayed us all and did a fantastic job!He also decided to try out his climbing tape instead of his shoes. After it ripped on the way up the climb, Justin decided he would just stick with his tennis shoes.
This was the hardest climb we did that day. Neither Justin or I was able to make it to the top, but Justin made it farther than I did.
Okay, so he made it a lot farther. This is about as far as I got on that one (about 4 feet off the ground). In my defence it was a 5/9 climb!
Justin hiked in and out of the canyon with Sophie on his back. She was such a good girl the whole time. (She did not do much climbing though.)
This is what we hiked in and out of. I'm glad Justin hauled Sophie because I don't think I would have made it!
After a fun climbing experience, we headed over to Hurricane to be with my family. We went out on the Arizona Strip and rode my Dad's four wheeler.
Justin tried to ride Gary's motorcycle, but the thing wouldn't stay on, and it was hard to start. Justin said trying to start the thing made him more sore than all the climbing.
My mom and DeeAnn were all too happy to watch the babies in the car!
Sophie and Tucker side-by-side. They'll be best cousins soon enough!

1 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time! I love that you cart Sophie along with you so you don't have to miss out on fun stuff.