Monday, December 7, 2009

Sophie's First Birthday!

Sophie turned one yesterday! I can't believe how fast the time has gone! Her birthday party was on Saturday, and boy did we have a fun time! I left Justin in charge of the picture taking, so unfortunately, we don't have very many. My mother-in-law took lots of pictures, so I will most some of those when I get them.
Sophie is incredibly close to walking--she just needs the confidence to go with her skills. She has quite the personality; she will do almost anything to make people laugh. Sophie weighs 18 lbs. now, and still growing strong. We love her so much!
We did a Dr. Seuss themed party for Sophie. I wish I had a better picture of the table, but I will get that up soon.
We had green eggs, truffula fruit, who hash, Swedish fish, and vegetables.

Here is Sophie with her own personal cake. I made it to look like the cat in the hat's hat.
And here is Sophie after we let her go for her cake. Justin helped her smash it all up. She cried when I took her tray away. This is the first time I have allowed Sophie to eat a sugary treat, and she was quite fond of it.
Tucker helped Sophie open all of her presents, and then he pushed himself under this chair.
Sophie loved all of her toys. This horse from Aaron and Amy is definitely one of her favorites.
I figured with all her new toys, she would have a distraction from being so destructive, but after everyone had gone home, we caught Sophie doing this...
That night, we put her is some of her new pajamas, and she gave her toys one last test run.
We tried on her new outfit and bows. They are a little too big for her now, but she will grow into them soon.

As I said before, this post is really void of good pictures, so I will post this again soon (and I will fire Justin from taking pictures at her next birthday party).

3 comments:

Megan Young said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love her own personal cake! Thanks for sharing!

Josh 'n Jenn said...

Happy birthday sophie! And thanks again for your help last night- you saved me :)

Wanted to let you know about our ward blog... college19thward.blogspot.com

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

So cute! Hope little Sophie had a great b-day!!