Sunday, January 29, 2012

Thanksgiving

This year we got to host Justin's family for Thanksgiving Dinner.  I wanted everything to be perfect, and it honestly went off without a hitch.  Our day was full of good food and wonderful conversation.

Here was my table setting.  I was able to do this all for free!  
 I had an old maroon sheet that I cut up and sewed to make these napkins.  I also cut apart a leaf vine I had and tied some twine around the plates.
  I also used some of the fabric and stapled it to some cardboard, added some candles and leaves I had, and voila!
 On Thanksgiving morning, Justin had to take a photo of a certain slant of light in our living room.  In honor, I had to read the Emily Dickinson poem.  It was a perfect way to start the day.

 Katie got to have some yummy sweet potatoes.

 Sophie loves her grandma.
 Michael scored the turkey leg.  It was awesome to have him home from England for the holiday.

  Don't you love candid shots?
 That black cat in the background is one Sophie made in school.  She would not let me take it down.  I tried to convince her that Halloween was over, but to no avail.
 After dinner, we all gathered in the living room for some fun games.

 This was how I felt after a busy day of cooking....

0 comments: