Justin here, posting for the first time ever (on behalf of Ashley who has just delivered our new baby girl).
Saturday, 7:00am Ashley's water officially was declared broken. (Us waiting to be admitted)

Say hello to your new diet for the next 12 hours, baby.
We took a strenuous walk through two halls to help those contractions along.

4:28pm, little Sophie was born. See that smile on Ashley's face? Give her an applause. Ashley (the mighty warrior woman) went without an epidural. Yes, that's right. She's a natural!

Mom and the baby. Sophie came out 6 lbs and 6 ounces, 18 inches tall, or long, or short. (she's small). Sorry Ashley, no more built in heater anymore.

She's the cutest baby in the world. No biases, statistically all of the nurses thought so.

We put her in her first infant clothes. The clothes were tailored for infants 5-8 lbs. I think they were wrong (observe the pant legs). She was born with all this hair. Ashley's going to town putting bows in it.

Fully dressed and ready to sneak the back way out of the hospital (nurses are very attentive to the mother and the baby's every move, so we had to be quick).

Home at last. If it looks like the whole experience left us worn out... well, you get the picture.
Little Baby Sophie Harmon
Born: Dec 6th, 2008
Time: 4:28pm
5 comments:
Great job guys! Good thing you didn't stay at the Canyon Ranch the night before. Hee Hee. We missed you for breakfast, but Dave gave us the news that you were going in. Yeah, its over! Isn't that such a great feeling. She is beautiful. CONGRATULATIONS! Love Nic
She is such a pretty baby! Nothing like the first Routan Baby we tried with both your pics. He he! Congrats on going all natural; you'll have to give me some pointers on how to do that.
Congrats!
HOORAY HOORAY!! Ashley you are the WOMAN!!!! I can't believe you went without an epidural, holy cow! I am so PROUD! I knew Sophie would come, you weren't so sure, but here she is!! SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure you're having so much fun with her, what a glorious time, HOORAY! HAPPY DAY!
Congratulations! She is a so cute! I have been checking the blog for news and pics! I can't wait to see her! I'll give ya a call in a few days...just to be sure you are all settled in ;)
Mia
She is so beautiful! I loved getting to hear her little cry for the first time. I'm so glad she's finally here and I get to see her at the christmas party. Love you all!!!
Post a Comment